Friday 6 July 2012

Products I Regret Buying



I don't often get disappointed by beauty products because I read reviews before making purchases. However a few certain products have definitely disappointed me and not lived up to their expectations.

E.L.F Studio Concealer Quad
I'm a massive fan of Elf products but unfortunately this one let me down. The concealers have very little staying power and don't really 'conceal' anything. The colours are too orangey as well.

Garnier Eye Makeup Remover
I only bought this because it was the only eye make up remover Asda had when I ran out of my l'Oreal one. It does an average job of removing makeup, but it just feels so greasy on my eyes. I need to use a lot of cotton pads to get everything off.

Umberto Gianni Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
All I can say about this is that it didn't do its job. It just made my hair feel sticky and stiff. Didn't give me any beachy waves.

Neutrogena 8 Hour Spot Treatment
I break out pretty easily so I bought this thinking it would help get rid of the spots on only 8 hours. Boy I was wrong, this product also doesn't work at all! It stings my spots and doesn't reduce the size at all.

Garnier Face Wash
After using this my skin still feels dirty. It doesn't clean it well enough for my liking. I've never been a fan of Garnier face products so I don't know why I bought this! The smell is too strong and minty for my liking.

Body Shop Tea Tree Toner
I bought this along with the facewash, hoping it would work amazingly because I adore Bodyshop products. This toner is just way to strong for me. It burns my skin and doesn't really help with acne at all. I think this would be better suited to people with very oily skin.

Thanks for reading
xxx

32 comments:

  1. Thanks for ur comment hun, MUA products are so affordable :) great post, its interesting how everyone's experience of a product is so individual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It really does depends on the individual. x

      Delete
  2. I have a tea tree toner in my stash that I haven't tried yet. I hope it doesn't irritate my skin!! I have a post on my fave spot treatments on my blog if you're looking for good ones: Battling Acne: Spot Treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I will check it out x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post! I haven't tried any of these products yet. I'm so used to people singing the praises of Elf products, it's almost weird to see someone saying they didn't like one of them. Now I know what to avoid if I ever decide to shop on their site. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree, Elf gets a lot of praise for their products and I love most of them except this one just didn't work for me. I LOVE the HD powder though. If you ever decide to shop on the site I recommend you get it along with the studio brushes. They're amazing! xx

      Delete
  5. I don't like Garnier products either! and i'm surprised to hear about the body shop toner. Their products usually work great. I have dry skin so I will stay away! Thanks!

    http://theparisianpout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was surprised with the toner too. I love most body shop products

      Delete
  6. I've used the body shop tea tree products & they work good for me, but I do have very oily skin! I can see it being to much for dry/sensitive skin. I'm so sad about the concealer I've been wanting to try it but the colors do look super orange & if I'm putting concealer it better be covering something ;) loved the post! Have a great Friday x
    http://kayleevz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll definitely keep all this in mind the next time I go shopping! I find reviews like this most helpful cause you pointed out specific reason why you didn't like each product. I will definitely stay away from the 8hr spot treatment, Ow, I hate things that are for acne that burn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could be of some help :)
      Lovely comment made me smile xx

      Delete
  8. I've had the same problem with the Elf concealer palette!!

    Priya..x

    OneProductTooMany.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog!
    This is a great post! I'm not a fan on Neutrogena products!

    Natasha Carly x
    http://prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your comment. Following you back :)
    Have a nice weekend. Have you tried the new garnier oil free bb cream ? is quite good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      No I haven't tried it, I'm not really a fan of garnier skin products but next time I'm in boots, I'll definitely swatch it xx

      Delete
  11. Hey! I nominated you for an award. Please check out my blog for the details. I hope you are able to do this one :)

    -Amanda
    http://theparisianpout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for including the bodyshop toner in here! i've been wanting to try this cause a few ppl on youtube actually recommend it. now that i know it's too strong and doesn't really do anything for acne, i'm probably not gonna purchase it :)
    love this kind of blog post, definitely following!

    anansays.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could help and thanks a lot xx

      Delete
  13. Thank you for this review! It's helpful :) x

    Judy.

    judysbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice Post!


    Following your blog. Checkout mine http://chicandchoco.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you mean about the Garnier make up remover, I have to use loads of it each time and feel like it just pushes my eye make up around.

    pinkforflamingos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's such a waste, I don't really like Garnier skin products x

      Delete
  16. I actually really like the garnier face products :) Thanks for sharing ! I found your blog through BBU blog hop! I am following and hope you will too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey! i found you through the BBU Blog Hop! i'm also a huge fan of elf but when it comes to their foundations and concealers i was quite disappointed as well. thanks for sharing these!

    http://sincerelyella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and your blog link. I love checking out new blogs! I reply to every comment I recieve and I love reading them
xxxx